[UWAB] Google FUSE

Pham, Candis E cpham3 at gatech.edu
Tue Apr 14 21:43:30 EDT 2009

Look below for a great opportunity with Google!

---------------

Greetings from Google!  We are hosting a new program called Google FUSE and we need your help getting the word out.  Google FUSE will provide an opportunity for successful and invested freshmen computer science students who are historically underrepresented in the field to connect with one another and with Google.

Up to 50 aspiring computer scientists will be invited to an all-expenses paid retreat that will run Wednesday evening through Friday afternoon on July 15–17 in New York, NY.  The weekend will include networking and learning opportunities.
Program Goals

    * To form a network among the top young students from underrepresented backgrounds in CS that will allow them to learn about research, academic, and industry opportunities in the years to come.
    * To make connections between students and Googlers that will allow students to discover career paths, create meaningful academic experiences, and take advantage of the college years in CS.
    * To give students an insight in to careers in CS and show how rewarding, challenging, and fun they can be.

To learn more about the program and apply, please visit http://www.google.com/jobs/fuse/.  The deadline to apply is May 1, 2009.

--
Candis Pham
B.S. Computational Media