[UWAB] Google Online Technical Presentation - this Wednesday!

Pham, Candis E cpham3 at gatech.edu
Mon Oct 20 15:30:20 EDT 2008

A MESSAGE FROM GOOGLE!

Hello!

Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. It's an enormous goal to accomplish and we need great people to help us achieve it.  At Google, we do more. A lot more.

This season we are piloting a new program of on-line technical presentations for students to learn more about Google and our exciting technologies.

Google Technical Webinar – Computer Science Applied: A Brief Google Sampler

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

5:30pm EDT

Visit https://googleonline.webex.com/googleonline/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=575919247 to register and attend the event.

Crawling the web, social networking, personalized recommendations, speech recognition - Google has many interesting projects and products beyond core search and advertising. But how do these areas connect to the topics in your computer science and engineering courses? With examples from products like Orkut, Google News, GOOG-411, and Google Maps, Jon Kennell, a Software Engineer in Google's New York office, will discuss some of the computer science concepts that apply to organizing the world's information and making it universally accessible and useful.

Instructions for registering

   1. Visit hhttps://googleonline.webex.com/googleonline/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=575919247 to register for the event.
   2. On Wednesday you can log-in to the talk by visiting https://googleonline.webex.com/googleonline/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=575919247. You will be able to log-in beginning at 5:15pm.
         1. Event number: 575 919 247
         2. Event password: googlewebinar
   3. You must also dial-in to hear the talk. Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 866-469-3239.
   4. Before and during the talk you can submit questions for Jon at http://moderator.appspot.com/#e%3Dagltb2RlcmF0b3JyDgsSBlNlcmllcxiIkwIM%2Bt%3Dagltb2RlcmF0b3JyDQsSBVRvcGljGLP7AQw.

Best,
Google University Programs