[UWAB] Relay For Life- CCB team!!

Candis Pham touching.the.sky at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 11:35:36 EST 2008

Hello everyone!

We're looking for participants to form a College of Computing- Student
Organizations team in the annual Relay For Life event!  The event will be
the night of Friday, April 11, 2008 at the CRC field.

Relay For Life(R), the American Cancer Society's signature event, is a
fun-filled overnight experience designed to bring together those who have
been touched by cancer. At Relay, people from within the community gather to
celebrate survivors, remember those lost to cancer, and to fight back
against this disease. Relay participants help raise money and awareness to
support the American Cancer Society in its lifesaving mission to eliminate
cancer as a major health issue. During Relay For Life (R) events, teams of
people gather at schools, fairgrounds, or parks and take turns walking or
running laps. The events are held overnight to represent the fact that
cancer never sleeps. Through the survivors' lap and the luminaria ceremony,
we honor the people who have faced cancer first hand, and we remember those
who have been lost to this disease.

If you would like to help out, please let me know by e-mailing me by
TOMORROW evening (Thursday, March 6, 2008).  This is really an awesome event
for a great cause.  For more information, please visit
http://www.relay.gatech.edu/ or
http://relay.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeSouthAtlanticDivision?fr_id=8077&pg=entry.

--
Candis Pham