[UWAB] FW: [sos] Renewable Energy and Green Fee Survey

Biggers, Maureen Short maureen at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 24 15:06:01 EST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Dawn Shanti Finney [mailto:dawn.finney at gatech.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 12:25 PM
To: Biggers, Maureen Short; Monica Sweat; mahera.philobos at ce.gatech.edu;
Martin, Giselle F; csladky3 at mail.gatech.edu; kathy.pham at gatech.edu
Subject: [sos] Renewable Energy and Green Fee Survey

Hi everyone,

I am  a part of the new Students Organizing for Sustainability (SOS)
organization on campus. We have a very important survey about possibly
implementing a green fee on campus  to help with various renewable
energy measures on campus. We would like  as many students to take the
survey as possible (whether they would be  for it or against it) so that
we can get an accurate representation of the student body.

The survey can be taken online here:

http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.aspx?id=bfd0fe8f-8031-41ac-bb93-63f333
59230b

If you are a student please take a moment to take the survey and pass it

on. If you are not a student, please help us disseminate this survey out

to more students.

This information will be given to our SGA president, Anu Parvatiyar, so
that she may use it THIS WEEKEND when representatives from all the
public universities around Georgia will convene in Atlanta to discuss
recommendations for the GA Board of Regents.  If the Board of Regents
approves the idea of implementing a Green Fee ($5-25 per semester
compared to over $100 technology fee) to fund energy efficiency and
renewable energy in public universities, Georgia schools would then have
the potential to become national leaders in sustainable energy
policy.  Needless to say that would be a HUGE step towards bringing
clean, renewable, and efficient energy to GT!

Thank you,
Dawn

--
Dawn Shanti Finney
dawn.finney at gatech.edu
www.prism.gatech.edu/~gth683e

Georgia Institute of Technology
Computer Science: Foundations and Intelligence
Environmental Engineering: Biological Processes and Sustainability

--
Dawn Shanti Finney