[UWAB] Message from Maureen Biggers

Biggers, Maureen biggersm at indiana.edu
Sat Dec 20 13:21:10 EST 2008

Happy holidays to all!  I hope you enjoy your much needed break and are looking forward to 2009.

AND.....I want to put Indiana University's School of Informatics on your radar screens in case you have graduate school in mind and are looking for a great place to be!  Two of our faculty are from Georgia Tech (Minaxi Gupta and Raquel Hill) - and then of course there is me.  :)  It's a wonderful place and they have a wide variety of MS and PhD programs - and some good funding too.  Here is more info about our program:

Indiana University's School of Informatics is one of the first of its kind in the country.  What is Informatics?  Informatics develops new uses for information technology, is interested in how people transform technology, and how technology transforms us.  In many ways, informatics is a bridge connecting IT to a particular field of study. We offer the following degrees:

*         PhD in Computer Science

*         PhD in Informatics

*         MS in Bioinformatics

*         MS in Chemical Informatics

*         MS in Computer Science

*         MS in Human Computer Interaction (with emphasis in Design, Music, or Security)

*         MS in Security Informatics

Funding opportunities are available for master's students, and full-funding opportunities are provided for PhD students!  To learn more about our Diversity Fellowships for Informatics & Computer Science, please contact Maureen Biggers, Assistant Dean for Diversity and Education, at biggersm at indiana.edu<mailto:biggersm at indiana.edu>.

To learn about Informatics, Computer Science, and additional funding and research opportunities, please visit our websites at http://www.informatics.indiana.edu or http://cs.indiana.edu.

P.S.  We will soon change the name to School of Informatics and Computing, to better reflect who we are.
P.P.S.  Please share this info with friends!

FALL 2009 APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR U.S. STUDENTS IS JANUARY 15, 2009

Peace,
Maureen