[UWAB] Sharing my news

Maureen Short Biggers maureen at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Apr 29 10:42:07 EDT 2008

Hi everyone.  As you get ready for summer adventures, I want to share my god news with you...

I have accepted a wonderful position in the School of Informatics at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN.  Beginning August 1st I will be the Assistant Dean for Diversity and Education and will be working both in Bloomington and with the Indianapolis campus that they share with Perdue University.  They have a new dean, a newly created position, a faculty that is very involved in outreach initiatives, and an opportunity to work collaboratively to be creative and have impact.  I'll continue some of my research too - the college will serve as the lab for action research on promising practices in computing education.

So...thanks for all you have given me here at GT, and be sure to keep IU in mind when considering grad programs or faculty positions.  They have some very interesting programs in CS, HCI, bioinformatics, medical management informatics, and more.  http://www.informatics.indiana.edu/

Have a great summer!!

Cheers,
Maureen