[UWAB] FW: WAM 2008

Biggers, Maureen Short maureen at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 20 23:46:38 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Wam at GT [mailto:wamatgt at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 11:35 AM
To: Biggers, Maureen Short
Subject: WAM 2008

Dear Women @ CC,

My name is Jessica Dougherty and I am the Collaborations Co-Chair for
Women's Awareness Month (WAM). WAM is a student-organized program at
Georgia Tech that provides educational and entertaining programs for
the campus and local community to increase awareness of women's issues
and accomplishments. Annual events in the past include WST-sponsored
lectures, The Vagina Monologues, Red Dress, and Take Back the Night.
Take Back the Night is a signature WAM program held annually to
educate people and honor survivors of sexual violence with speakers
and a candlelight vigil.  Last year's program drew more than 600
participants.  Women's Awareness Month offered a successful month of
programming with 11 events attracting more than 1,500 in total
attendance.

To make this year as successful as possible, we would like to request
that your organization takes part in WAM by helping to fund some of
this year's events.  Some special events being planned this year are
focusing on women's health.  Our, Health Day at the Campus Recreation
Center and support of the American Heart Association's Red Dress
campaign are just a few.  Another event being planned this year is
Women's Day of Service which will help local women's organizations in
the Atlanta area.

WAM will also co-sponsor events with different organizations around
campus, such as Success Programs, ADAPTS, the Counseling Center, the
Ferst Center for the Arts, the Office of International Education, the
Office of Study Abroad, and the Department of Housing - International
House.  We hope that you will be able to support us in our efforts to
increase awareness of such important issues.

As a sponsor, your financial contribution will support Women's
Awareness Month's overall budget. However, you can choose to be listed
as a contributing sponsor to Women's Awareness Month or listed as a
sponsor of a specific event (i.e. Take Back the Night) if it more
directly supports your mission.

If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me via
email at WAMatGT at gmail.com or Vinutha Prabhakar, the Collaborations
Co-Chair at vprabhakar3 at gatech.edu. Our advisor is Colleen Petterson
and she can be contacted at 404-385-4501.

We request a response by January 15, 2008 to ensure that you receive
full publicity for your sponsorship.

Thank you,

Jessica Dougherty
Women's Awareness Month Collaborations Co-Chair

--
WAM 2008