[UWAB] Summer Jobs

Jennifer Whitlow gtg160x at mail.gatech.edu
Tue Apr 17 09:19:14 EDT 2007

We are holding information sessions about our summer job openings Wed from 2-
3pm and Thurs from 1pm- 2pm in room 109 of the College of Computing.  If you
can't make the information session and are interested in the summer jobs
please contact Felicia Auzla fauzla at cc.gatech.edu.

We are currently hiring outgoing and responsible student assistants for our
summer camps and teacher workshops.  We hold 3 weeks of middle school camps, 1
week of RoboCup Jr camp for middle and high school kids and 2 weeks of camp
for high school students.  We also have 4 weeks of teacher workshops.

In the 7-8th grade camps we will have the kids create a musical pickle, a
stuffed cat that can "Meow" when you pet it, and other fun things with
PicoCricket kits.  We will also have them create 2D animations and games with
Scratch.

In some camps we will have the kids create 3D movies and/or games with Alice,
create and program LEGO NXT robots, and use Python to create image collages.

In the RoboCup Jr. camp kids will create and program LEGO robots to dance,
perform a rescue, and/or play soccer.

In the Beg Prog in Java workshop we will teach them to create 3D movies with
Alice and do media computation in Java (negate an image, reverse a sound,
etc).   In the Int Prog in Java workshop they will do Object-Oriented Analysis
and Design and create games.  In the AP workshop we will focus on the material
for the AP exam including the new case study.

The dates for the summer camps:

June 4-8 (rising 7-8th grade)
June 11-15 (rising 7-8th grade)
June 18-22 (rising 10-12th grade)
June 25-29 (middle and high school kids)
July 9-13 (rising 7-9th)
July 16-20 (rising 10-12th grade)

The dates for the teacher workshops:

May 29-June 1st (Beginning Prog in Java)
June 4-7th (Beginning Prog in Java)
June 19-22nd (Intermediate Prog in Java)
July 10-13 (AP CS A)

Barb Ericson
Director, CS Outreach
College of Computing