[UWAB] Updates from 3/17 Meeting

Sabina Karkin gtg741a at mail.gatech.edu
Sat Mar 19 01:36:50 EST 2005

Hi ladies,

Well Spring Break is officially here (yay!), but I thought I'd send
updates from our last meeting since a lot of you could not make it and
also ask the status of certain things since then.

We decided to start asking CS grad students and TA's to be dealers at
our event since we have a lot more tables this year and not enough
professors so far.  We'll see how many professors can make it, and we'll
decide by the week of if we need to approach grads and TA's.  I created
a link on Swiki under Grad Students/TA Invitations
(http://swiki.cc.gatech.edu:8080/WUAB/56) so that we can all put the
names of the people we know so that you can invite those students.
Please do this by the end of Spring Break so that if needed, we can
start asking as soon as we get back to school.  Maureen will email all
the TA's at the beginning of that week.

We might also have to buy some gift certificates for prizes if we do not
end up having enough, but we will decide that the week of so just keep
it in mind.

We also talked about emailing undergrads and grads about our event since
most of our publicity stuff was removed.  We can send the first email
Sunday, the last day of Spring Break, and then a reminder the day
before/of the event.  Maureen will be emailing the list.

-Brittany - Were you able to send Maureen the info email that she'll be
sending to all grads and undergrads? Please let me know when you get a
chance to do that.
-Laura P. - Were you able to send Maureen the info email that will go
out to all the TA's?
-Anne - Did you order the T-shirts on Thursday and is everything ready
to go?
-Michelle - What's the update on the newsgroup idea, and also, were you
able to get the cups/cards on Thursday?
-Shruthi - Did you email people from MICS, ACM, and FAB about being
helpers?
-Anne - Will you be able to get the roll paper from your dad for our
tables? (If so, Mandy, you do not need to purchase any.)
-Everyone - Please let us know if you will be available Sunday, March
27th (or any day before that), to help with cutting the publicity cards
and making the banners.  I know Shruthi and Priyanka will be available
for some days during Spring Break so if you two and anyone else who can
want to get together and start working on things, please do so.  Ask us
any questions you have; you can also call my cell (678-662-8824).  I'll
be in town until Thursday.

Thank you girls so much.  Please feel free to update the Swiki as
necessary.  I hope that everyone has an awesome Spring Break, and I'll
see you guys when we get back! Be safe!

~Sabina

Sabina Karkin
4th Year Computer Science Major