[UWAB] Dead Week and Threads

Biggers, Maureen Short maureen at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Dec 5 10:21:13 EST 2005

This is a TERRIBLE time for most students, but I was just asked to
conduct a focus group with undergrads to get reactions to the program
that is about to be submitted to the university wide curriculum
committee (scheduled to go before the committee this Thursday!).
Merrick does not want it to go forward without getting feedback from the
students and the working group that put the final requirements together
did not get to that step in the process.

SO....I'm putting out a call for help on this one.  Who can commit some
time to this in the next 2 days?  Here is what it will involve:

1.	Reviewing a 10 page document that briefly explains the concept
of Threads and then presents non-CS and CS prerequisites for each of the
8 new threads.
2.	I can then give you access to the working site that gets more
specific in terms of identified GT electives that will compliment each
thread.
3.	We then need to hold a meeting to discuss such things as the
actual names of the threads, your perceptions of strengths and
weaknesses to this approach, etc.  This could be 1.5 - 2 hours, with
food.

IF you are up to this, please let me know right away so I can send you
the information.  Also include time you are able to meet Tuesday (or
Wednesday morning at the latest).

Thanks for everything.

Maureen