[UWAB] PLEASE EDT

Kathy Pham gtg057s at mail.gatech.edu
Wed Apr 6 09:01:25 EDT 2005

Hi Ladies,
The ladies from GT smarts would like a synopsis of the event. Can you
please edit this and return it to me? I attached it as a word file so
you can make changes in a different color. THanks!
Kathy

The Undergraduate Women's Advisory Board (UWAB) of the COllege of
Computing hosted the second annual CoCaesars Palace on Thursday, March
31. The event included games such as Black Jack, Texas Hold em', Craps
and Roulettes. The faculty of the college worked as dealers and about 30
volunteers came to help out. The event was open to all students but
emphasized free food for students of the COllege of Computing. THe
purpose of this event was for Computer Science students to interact with
one another and their professors in a non-academic environment. The
event was a success thanks to help from all our volunteers, sponsors and
the dedication of the ladies of UWAB. Our sponsors and donors ranged
from large companies like Google, Dell, and Microsoft to local places
like the Ferst Center and CNS in the College of Computing. GT Smarts
graciously donated enough supplies for Mocktails for about 400 people at
the event. Approximate 450 students attended the event and stay until
the end when we raffled off handheld computers, an X-box, media supplies
and many other prizes.