[UWAB] Please be an Ambassador for the CoC

Jennifer Whitlow gtg160x at mail.gatech.edu
Mon Apr 4 15:56:15 EDT 2005

Hello,

     My name is Jennifer Whitlow, and I am the Recruitment Committee Chair for
the Undergrad Women’s Advisory Board for the College of Computing.  We have
had 32 girls accepted in to the College of Computing for the 2005-’06 school
year.  As most of you are aware, there are not that many girls in the College
of Computing, so we are requesting your help as an ambassador for the College
of Computing.  The personal touch can make all the difference in a prospective
student’s decision to attend a particular college.  I was wondering if you
would be interested in contacting the following person via personal emails,
offering some information about yourself, your involvements, and just being
there to answer any questions that the prospective student may have about
Computer Science, Georgia Tech, or college life in general.  You will be
assigned a girl most likely based on ethnicity or hometown.  Please let me
know if you are willing to help out with the personal touch.  I have attached
a sample email that you can use as a guideline for your letter that you will
send to the girl.  I have also attached an Excel spreadsheet that will give
you a girl’s name and email address.  You may have multiple girls, Maureen and
I tried to think of who would be a good ambassador.  I am excited about the
large number of girls that have been accepted into the College of Computing,
and I hope that you will be able to help us encourage these girls to come to
Georgia Tech.

If you are going to participate, please send me a blind copy of each email
that is sent to the prospective students.

Thank you,

Jennifer Whitlow
gtg160x at mail.gatech.edu

--