[robocup-worldwide] [journals] CFP: Research Topic on "Sound Source Localization in Mobile Robots" - Frontiers in Robotics and AI (ISSN 2296-9144, CiteScore 4.7)

Caleb Rascon caleb.rascon at gmail.com
Tue May 11 20:55:04 EDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce a call for papers for the Research Topic on
"Sound Source Localization in Mobile Robots" in Frontiers in Robotics and
AI, under the specialty of Computational Intelligence in Robotics. Dr.
François Grondin, Prof. Kazuhiro Nakadai and Dr. Caleb Rascon are serving
as Guest Editors. We sincerely invite you to prepare a research article or
a comprehensive review to be published in this Research Topic.

Sound source localisation allows a robot to focus its attention in the
direction of one or many sound events in its environment. This
functionality is often the first step of human-robot communication as the
robot needs to be aware of its audio surroundings to engage in interaction.
Sound source localization remains challenging as there are often numerous
noise and target sound sources that should be distinguished from each
other. Room reverberation can also lead to false detections due to early
reflections on walls and other surfaces. Some robots generate a fair amount
of noise (e.g. drones), which makes sound localization challenging. A
robust sound source localization system would lead to better speech
recognition performance and facilitate the deployment of robots in
households.

In this Research Topic, we aim to explore the challenges and solutions for
sound source localization in mobile robots. Advances in this area will
enable better human-robot interaction, communication and applications of
mobile robots in the real world.

For more information, please follow the link to the Special Issue Website
at:
https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/21452/sound-source-localisation-in-mobile-robots

The submission deadline is *5 November 2021*. You may send your manuscript
now or up until the deadline. Submitted papers should not be under
consideration for publication elsewhere. We also encourage authors to send
an abstract through the Frontiers submission system by *2 July 2021*.

Frontiers in Robotics and AI is covered by leading indexing services,
including Scopus, Web of Science Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI),
DOAJ, and all published articles receive a PMCID. The latest CiteScore is
4.7. The website can be reached at:
https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/robotics-and-ai

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

We are looking forward to your submission!

Best regards,
Dr. François Grondin, Prof. Kazuhiro Nakadai and Dr. Caleb Rascon
Guest Editors