[robocup-worldwide] Invitation to participate in the RoboCup at Home Education Online Challenge 2020

Amy Eguchi a2eguchi at ucsd.edu
Fri May 29 20:58:13 EDT 2020

Dear future RoboCup at Home Education Teams and those who know a group of
students who might be interested;

We would like to invite you to join this unique opportunity to participate
in the RoboCup at Home Education Online Challenge 2020!!!

<<Online Classroom>>
Thanks to the support from the participants, we have completed our 6-week
online classroom tracks for both Open Platform (OP) and Standard Platform
(SP). The video recordings and materials that we used in those sessions are
now available online! Yes, you still have time to catch up and join this
cool event.

- Open Platform Online Classroom [English]

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.robocupathomeedu.org/learn/online-classroom/online-challenge-2020*h.p_o3DUUN_pF6Rn__;Iw!!Mih3wA!WGZYtV-IAVuNtVOr7kjHfZLTR_QF9AOb8_Fjy-vd1zJXMfnLCwzIIpokX8nq38js$
- Open Platform Online Classroom [Chinese]

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://cn.robocupathomeedu.org/learn/online-classroom/online-challenge-2020/*op-cn__;Iw!!Mih3wA!WGZYtV-IAVuNtVOr7kjHfZLTR_QF9AOb8_Fjy-vd1zJXMfnLCwzIIpokX4oe7b7e$
- Standard Platform Pepper 2.9 Online Classroom [English]

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.robocupathomeedu.org/learn/online-classroom/online-challenge-2020*h.p_aQTYYnu89JLc__;Iw!!Mih3wA!WGZYtV-IAVuNtVOr7kjHfZLTR_QF9AOb8_Fjy-vd1zJXMfnLCwzIIpokX7q6UUO0$
- Standard Platform Pepper 2.5 Online Classroom [Chinese]

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://cn.robocupathomeedu.org/learn/online-classroom/online-challenge-2020/*sp-cn__;Iw!!Mih3wA!WGZYtV-IAVuNtVOr7kjHfZLTR_QF9AOb8_Fjy-vd1zJXMfnLCwzIIpokX-sCocTe$

In addition, we are offering a Robot Development Support.
<<Robot Development Support>> (Optional)
*For teams who do not have / not able to access their own robot*
- Learn robot development from the online classroom and support materials.
Develop robot with simple hardware and simulator at home.
- Produce videos and documentation to prove robot development.
- Submit source code and all supporting materials for review.
- If selected, our robot sponsors (SoftBank Robotics and Jupiter Robot)
will support robot executions and video recordings.
- Open Platform (OP) support application submission details (end part of
last class):
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.robocupathomeedu.org/learn/online-classroom/online-challenge-2020*h.p_b4mW74rE41kg__;Iw!!Mih3wA!WGZYtV-IAVuNtVOr7kjHfZLTR_QF9AOb8_Fjy-vd1zJXMfnLCwzIIpokX8K7QhAt$
>> [Chinese]
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://cn.robocupathomeedu.org/home/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/JupiterRobotDevelopmentGuide.pdf__;!!Mih3wA!WGZYtV-IAVuNtVOr7kjHfZLTR_QF9AOb8_Fjy-vd1zJXMfnLCwzIIpokX_L9oKh6$
- Standard Platform (SP) Pepper 2.9 support application submission
details (end part of last class):
>> [English]
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.robocupathomeedu.org/learn/online-classroom/online-challenge-2020*h.p_6OXvLS7E0PQp__;Iw!!Mih3wA!WGZYtV-IAVuNtVOr7kjHfZLTR_QF9AOb8_Fjy-vd1zJXMfnLCwzIIpokXy7dZWW2$
- Standard Platform (SP) Pepper 2.5 support application submission
details (end part of last class):
>> [Chinese]
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://cn.robocupathomeedu.org/home/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/05*20SP*20Pepper2.5*20-*20RoboCup@Home*20Education.pdf__;JSUlJSU!!Mih3wA!WGZYtV-IAVuNtVOr7kjHfZLTR_QF9AOb8_Fjy-vd1zJXMfnLCwzIIpokXz3NnRHH$

The application for support with materials is due: June 1, 2020

The first step to join the Online Challenge to submnit your technical video
for the Technical Video Challenge. Some teams will be selected from the
Challenge to move on to participate in the online live event.
<<Technical Video Challenge>>
Develop your robot and produce a technical video showing your best robot
performance. You can develop your robot based on the following themes
(either one):
- Solving the competition tasks in the Rules 2020.
- Open scenario based on the Finals in the Rules 2020.
- Robot applications to address the current COVID-19 pandemic situation
(based on Finals in the Rules 2020).
Technical Video Challenge Materials
1. Technical Video: Video showing the best robot performance.
2. Video Description Paper: Technical description and photo of the robot
system and operation in the video.
** Video Description Paper: Free format, maximum A4 size 4 pages.
** Please host the video online and submit only the link.
** The email subject should be: [@HomeEDUOnline2020-Video] (Your Team Name)
** Submit by email to oc at robocupathomeedu.org

Technical Video Challenge materials is due: June 10, 2020

Please visit our official website for more information (
https://www.robocupathomeedu.org/challenges/robocuphome-education-online-challenge-2020
).
Please feel free to contact us via oc at robocupathomeedu.org

Good luck with your robot development!

Best regards,

Jeffrey Tan, Luca Iocchi, and Amy Eguchi
On be half of the RoboCup at Home Education Organizing Committee