[robocup-worldwide] Call for Participation – Join the ANA Avatar XPRIZE | USD $10 million robotics competition

Colin Peartree Colin.Peartree at xprize.org
Fri Aug 23 20:33:12 EDT 2019

Dear RoboCup Worldwide,

This message is to encourage you to join the ANA Avatar XPRIZE<http://avatar.xprize.org/>, a four-year USD $10 million competition focused on the development of a robotic avatar system that will transport a human’s senses, actions, and presence to a remote location in real time. The winning team will integrate multiple emerging technologies such as robotics, haptics, advanced sensors, artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality and more to enable a human operator to see, hear, and interact within a remote environment in a manner that feels as if he or she is truly present there. This is a highly challenging competition that we believe can change the way we interact with each other across the world.

The ANA Avatar XPRIZE is currently in the Team Recruitment phase of the competition, which is open through September 30, 2019. We are seeking highly skilled teams to join the competition. XPRIZE competitors come from a diversity of backgrounds, with teams forming out of universities, start-ups, major companies and individuals alike. Joining an XPRIZE is an excellent opportunity to become involved in an international cross-disciplinary project to develop cutting-edge technology. If you want to be part of this challenge, please review the links below for more information, and remember to register by September 30, 2019.

TO REGISTER, OR FOR MORE INFORMATION:

VISIT OUR WEBSITE<http://avatar.xprize.org/>

+

VIEW OUR FACT SHEET<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SlqiTSMnKVdcF4MRP4pImr20T8y-8lvq/view?usp=sharing>

+

EMAIL US<mailto:avatar at xprize.org?subject=Partcipating%20in%20the%20ANA%20Avatar%20XPRIZE>

FIND A WINNER: Not interested in competing, but know someone who has what it takes to win? Through our Find a Winner Program, you can refer competitors to take on this challenge. If the team you refer goes on to win the competition, you’ll be awarded with USD $25,000! Refer a competitor by clicking here<https://www.xprize.org/prizes/avatar/findawinner>.

If you want to talk more about participating in the ANA Avatar XPRIZE, we would be glad to continue the conversation with you. Please send us a message at Avatar at XPRIZE.org<mailto:avatar at xprize.org?subject=Partcipating%20in%20the%20ANA%20Avatar%20XPRIZE>.

We look forward to hearing from you!
Best regards,
Colin Peartree, ANA Avatar XPRIZE Team Liaison