[robocup-worldwide] Call for Participation: RoboCup at Home Education Challenge 2019 @ RoboCup 2019 Sydney

Jeffrey Tan i at jeffreytan.org
Fri Apr 5 13:16:42 EDT 2019

=== RoboCup at Home Education Challenge 2019 @ RoboCup 2019 Sydney ===

[Date] July 2 ~ 8, 2019
[Venue] ICC Sydney, Australia
[Web] http://www.robocupathomeedu.org

<<Introduction>>

RoboCup at Home Education is an educational initiative that promotes
educational efforts to boost RoboCup at Home participation and service
robot development. We have started @Home Education activities since
2015, organized various competitions in Japan Open 2015, 2016, 2017,
and RoboCup Asia-Pacific 2017, which generated more than 10 new teams
with more than 50 participants in @Home participation. As an
educational effort, since 2016 we have also conducted more than 8
workshops in domestic Japan and overseas. The workshop audiences were
ranging from 20~70 participants, not limited to technical university
students, but also inexperienced high school students and general
public.

On December 2017, in collaboration with MathWorks, we had organized
the Education Challenge at RoboCup Asia-Pacific 2017 Bangkok, in a
combined workshop and competition event. It was a great success in
transforming totally inexperienced participants to be able to build
robot and ace the competition. We had obtained a bigger success in
RoboCup 2018 Montreal, where a total of 11 teams over 40 participants
from 9 different countries had taken part in the event. With this
inspiring motivation, we are organizing this event in the coming
RoboCup 2019 Sydney [https://2019.robocup.org/] for the participation
from worldwide community.

<<Schedule & Rules>>

- Workshop and Setup: July 2 ~ 4, 2019
- Competition: July 5 ~ 7, 2019

For more details and competition rules, please visit
http://www.robocupathomeedu.org/challenges/robocup-home-education-challenge-robocup-2019

<<How to Participate>>

Competition Categories:
a. Open category
b. School category (under 19 years old)

Step 1 - Entry Application
Fill in and submit the online entry form below (each per team). If you
have any difficulty to submit online, please contact
oc at robocupathomeedu.org
*Teams from China, please contact RCJ China for entry application.

Online Entry Form: https://forms.gle/p6wduozJxmVUPiZq5

Step 2 - Registration
Get the registration code from the OC. The OC will review your entry
and response by email after you have submitted the online form in Step
1. Complete the registration procedure with the registration code
according to the instruction in the email.

<<Important Dates>>

Entry Application: March 30 ~ April 30, 2019
Registration: March 30 ~ May 31, 2019

* Due to the availability of the robot hardware provided to the teams
during the event, there are limited amount of team slots available for
registration. The registration will be closed once the team slots are
filled up even before the above due date.

Please visit the official website for more information. You can
contact us via oc at robocupathomeedu.org

Best Regards,
RoboCup at Home Education Challenge 2019 Organizing Committee