[robocup-worldwide] Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Robotics (permanent) - Maynooth University, Ireland

Rudi Villing rudi.villing at mu.ie
Thu Mar 29 05:30:25 EDT 2018

Dear RoboCup community,

Maynooth University is currently recruiting a Lecturer / Senior Lecturer
in Robotics (Department of Electronic Engineering) with the following
position summary:

    We are seeking an excellent academic to join our staff as a
    permanent Lecturer/Senior Lecturer(*) in the Department of
    Electronic Engineering to support our new programme in Robotics and
    Intelligent Devices, and to expand on our existing research
    activities in this area. The person appointed will have a proven
    record of teaching, research and publication, appropriate to career
    stage.

    Applications are encouraged from candidates with expertise and
    research interests in the broad field of robotics. We particularly
    welcome candidates with an established research record in the areas
    of autonomous systems (including drones and vehicles), compliant
    motion control, sensing, perception and world modelling, navigation,
    real time artificial intelligence and continuous learning, and the
    human–robot interface. Candidates with strong research interests in
    the broader field of robotics are also encouraged to apply.

    He/she will be expected to make a strong contribution to the
    teaching programmes of the Department and undertake teaching duties
    on the Department’s undergraduate and postgraduate programmes as
    well as the supervision of Master’s and PhD students.

    The appointee will be expected to build a strong research profile
    that supports the University’s research strategy including
    affiliating to the Research Institutes, where appropriate, and
    working with colleagues on national and international research. The
    appointee will be expected to sustain and conduct research, engage
    in scholarship of quality and substance and generate publications of
    international standard.

    * A permanent Lecturer/Senior Lecturer is equivalent to a fully
    tenured Assistant Professor/Associate Professor.

The closing date for applications is Sunday, 29 April 2018.

To view a complete description of the position and the candidate
booklet, please visit
https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/human-resources/vacancies/lecturer-senior-lecturer-robotics-department-electronic-engineering

For more information on the Maynooth University Department of Electronic
Engineering, please visit
https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/electronic-engineering

We encourage you to forward this information to any suitable candidates
you may know.

Best regards,

Rudi

---

Dr. Rudi Villing,
Department of Electronic Engineering, Maynooth University, Maynooth, Co.
Kildare, Ireland.