[robocup-worldwide] Release of the Carologistics 2016 Software

Tim Niemueller niemueller at kbsg.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Feb 8 10:12:08 EST 2017

Dear fellow RoboCupers.

We are pleased to announce the immediate release of our full software
stack used to participate (and win) in the RoboCup Logistics League in
2016. It is based on the recent tenth anniversary stable release of
Fawkes 1.0.1 [1]. It includes, for example, direct communication with
the Robotino for time-stamped and faster data access. It also contains
many improvements to the basic skills of the robot, tooling, and
simulation integration.

This release was primarily made possible by the Carologistics [2] and
AllemaniACs [3] RoboCup teams. You can find videos of introductory
presentations from the RCLL Winter School 2015 on [4].

We invite teams to take a look and adopt Fawkes full or in part as their
software platform. All parts are Open Source software and the vast
majority of components are developed in public. We welcome contributions
from anyone and hope to help newcomer teams to get a
better start. In combination with the publicly developed simulation, it
should be far easier to perform better than ever before.

This release will be the foundation for the upcoming ICAPS Planning
Competition for Logistics Robots in Simulation [5], which will be held
for the first time this year in June and is based on the scenario of the
RoboCup Logistics League.

The release can be found at
    https://www.fawkesrobotics.org/p/rcll2016-release

Regards from Aachen,
   Tim Niemueller

[1] https://www.fawkesrobotics.org
[2] https://www.carologistics.org
[3] https://robocup.rwth-aachen.de
[4] https://www.carologistics.org/winter-school-2015
[5] http://www.robocup-logistics.org/sim-comp

--
KBSG -- Knowledge-Based Systems Group                       Robotics Lab