[robocup-worldwide] MLD at CMU is hiring - TEACHING TRACK FACULTY

Manuela Veloso mmv at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Nov 18 12:09:21 EST 2016

The School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University Carnegie
Mellon University is seeking faculty candidates for teaching track
positions. Individuals seeking this position will be responsible for
leading the growth of our curriculum, including improving educational
outcomes and extending our reach.

Teaching track faculty are responsible for teaching courses as well as
overseeing broader aspects of the educational program, including
curriculum development, student advising, outreach, undergraduate
research, and departmental service.  You should have a Ph.D., a
background of demonstrated excellence and dedication to teaching, and
must be prepared to teach undergraduate lecture courses. You will also
work with the existing faculty to improve and revise the curriculum. We
seek candidates with demonstrated excellence in teaching and commitment
toward building an equitable and diverse scholarly community, and
especially invite candidates with a demonstrated track record in
mentoring and engaging students from groups traditionally
underrepresented in computer science.

The School of Computer Science consists of seven departments, spanning a
wide range of topics in computer science and the application of
computers to real-world systems. The positions are specific to each
department, though in certain cases, joint positions are also possible.

Application Instructions:
https://webapps.cs.cmu.edu/FacultyApplication/SCS-Teaching/Welcome

Deadline for Applications is January 3, 2017.
In your cover letter, please indicate clearly the department you are
applying to.

For information on Machine Learning Department, please see below:

Machine Learning Department:
As the world's only academic Machine Learning Department, we occupy a
unique position in defining the standard curriculum for the field of
machine learning – one that is used as a template by many other
universities. With the increasing importance of machine learning over
recent years, our course enrollments have more than doubled, and
requests for us to service students beyond our local campus have grown
significantly.

For more information, please see: http://www.ml.cmu.edu/Faculty_Hiring.html