[robocup-worldwide] MLD at CMU is hiring - TENURE-TRACK FACULTY

Manuela Veloso mmv at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Nov 18 12:06:43 EST 2016

The Machine Learning Department of the School of Computer Science at
Carnegie Mellon University invites applications for a tenure-track
position at the rank of Assistant Professor. We have multiple open
positions. All areas of machine learning and artificial intelligence
will be considered.  Applicants are expected to have an active research
program and a commitment to teaching excellence.

The Department occupies a privileged position in the world of machine
learning, in part as the world's only academic Machine Learning
Department. The Department has close relationships through shared
faculty and active collaboration across the university, especially the
Statistics Department and other academic units in the School of Computer
Science (Computer Science Department, Language Technologies Institute,
Computational Biology Department, and the Robotics Institute).  We seek
applicants who will thrive in this interdisciplinary setting.

Application Instructions:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__webapps.cs.cmu.edu_FacultyApplication_SCS_Welcome&d=DgICaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rStC00sfV_qVWqlcnmGhKrRoTMim5rLso-FTzVW2NfNyo&m=fFxbGV22MOrnMeYA7vVORFTD09ForSQI_ehFgQZFxOw&s=axyMYy--umyfTetdoG6MiUm5oC0Ivc4S4hG6vFv7jjc&e=
In your cover letter, indicate clearly that you are applying for a
position in the Machine Learning Department.
Deadline for Applications is January 3, 2017.

Carnegie Mellon is highly supportive of dual career candidates and
strongly encourage them to apply.  We also particularly encourage
applications from candidates who have a demonstrated track record in
mentoring and nurturing female and under-represented minority students.