[robocup-worldwide] ICAPS Tutorial on a Planning Compeition for Logistics Robots

Tim Niemueller niemueller at kbsg.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jun 14 04:26:45 EDT 2016

                  == CALL FOR PARTICIPATION ==

 ICAPS 2016 - Planning Competition for Logistics Robots in Simulation

      http://icaps16.icaps-conference.org/tutorials.html#tut6

                           London, UK
                         June 14, 2016

[*apologies if you receive multiple copies*]

Dear all,

Robots gain more capabilities every year, yet the use of planning
methods to determine the overall behavior is still the exception rather
than the norm. A robotics planning competition (in 2017) could foster
mutual and closer cooperation between the planning and robotics
communities. A first domain will be based on the RoboCup Logistics
League (RCLL) with possible future extensions.

This is a half-day tutorial to introduce the scenario, explain how to
use the RCLL simulator and the planning framework, and characterize the
planning domain for potential participants.

We will provide the RoboCup Logistics League simulator and the
underlying planning framework to the tutorial participants for a
hands-on introduction to the system. Participats will be able to run it
on their laptop and play with it in some planning and scheduling scenarios.

Please visit our website for more details:
  http://www.robocup-logistics.org/sim-comp

We hope to see you there.

Best regards,

Tim Niemueller,
Erez Karpas,
Tiago Vaquero,
Eric Timmons

--
KBSG - Knowledge-Based Systems Group            AllemaniACs RoboCup Team