[robocup-worldwide] Cogitai, Inc. -- AI startup looking to hire

Peter Stone pstone at cs.utexas.edu
Tue May 17 18:59:48 EDT 2016

Cogitai, Inc., a new AI-based startup focusing on continual learning, is
seeking highly skilled and motivated individuals for immediate hire.

About Cogitai
=============
Cogitai, Inc. is dedicated to building artificial intelligences (AIs)
that learn continually from interactive experience with the real world.
Our goal is to build the brains, i.e., the continual-learning AI
software, that will let everyday things that sense and act get smarter,
more skilled, and more knowledgeable over time with experience.  This
experience will be shared across things and across domains to allow the
rapid scaling-up of experience-based learning.  In short, we aim to
become the world leader in continual learning.

Positions
=========
We seek ambitious and dedicated individuals at all levels of experience,
ranging from Bachelors to post-Ph.D.  The ideal candidate will:is

  1) have extensive AI expertise, especially in reinforcement learning and/or
     robotics;

  2) have strong system-building skills; and

  3) be passionate about helping us make continual learning practical in
     a broad range of applications.

For candidates at the Ph.D. level, 1) is more important.  For candidates
at the Bachelors and Masters level, 2) is more important.  3) is
essential for everyone!

Our Team
========
Our team consists of many of the leading minds in reinforcement
learning, which is one of the core component technologies of continual
learning.  The three founders have a combined total of over 60 years of
active research and development in AI. We also have assembled a "Brain
Trust" of ten of the world's best academics in this area, who will be
actively engaged in technology development for the company.

Founders:  Mark Ring, Peter Stone, and Satinder Singh

Brain Trust:  Andy Barto, Michael Bowling, Peter Dayan, Charles Isbell,
Michael Littman, David Parkes, Doina Precup, Ben Van Roy, Richard
Sutton, Jianwei Zhang

Timeline
========
Thanks to a substantial strategic investment from Sony (see
www.cogitai.com for details), as well as various other sources of
funding, Cogitai is prepared to hire qualified individuals for immediate
start.  Individuals who prefer to start later (but still within the next
several months), are also encouraged to apply.

Contact
=======
Webpage: http://www.cogitai.com/
If interested, contact us at hiring at cogitai.com