[robocup-worldwide] Young Scientists' Contributions to WS: "Robotics in the 21st Century"

asada asada at ams.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp
Tue May 10 09:44:07 EDT 2016

Dear all,

Manuela, Satoshi, and myself are going to give our talks. Please
submit your papers if you are interested in. Thanks.

Best,

 -- Minoru

This announcement invites in particular younger scientists to
contribute to the

*International WS: "Robotics in the 21st Century"*

held near Göttingen in Germany from Sept. 25-28 (see program below)
and funded by the Volkswagen Foundation.

The following 42 main speakers have agreed to give a lecture at this
WS:

*Professors: Albu-Schaeffer, Aloimonos, Aoi, Asada, Asfour, Badreddin,
*Beetz, Billard, Brock, Bryson, Burgard, Cheng, Coeckelbergh, Dillmann,
*Grupen, Hager, Ijspeert, Khatib, Kosuge, Krüger, Kulic, Kuniyoshi,
*Matsuno, Manoonpong, Mombaur, Nagai, Oztop, Peer, Peters, Sandini,
*Sabanovic, Siciliano, Siegwart, Tadokoro, Torras, Toussaint, Ude,
*Veloso, Venture, Vernon, Wörgötter, Ziemke.*

See also: http://robo21century.physik3.gwdg.de/

We are now seeking high quality contributions from younger scientists
who would want to attend this workshop.

If you are interested, please submit your 1pg CV and a 2-4 page
extended abstract of your planned contribution for this WS.

We will be able to accept about 50 papers, mostly for poster
presentation. However, the program committee will select the 4 most
exciting papers, which shall be given a 15min slot for oral
presentation, have their conference fee waived, and receive some
travel support.

The cost for this WS will be 200€ which will cover accomodation and
full board for all accepted contributors. We will be able to provide
limited travel support to participants. Please state your case in a
cover letter if you wish to apply. Decisions about this will be made
by the program committed based on quality and need.

This workshop supports gender equality and therefore we are especially
seeking high quality contributions from female scientists.

Please send CV and extended Abstract to*:**
*

*Prof. Katja Mombaur (Katja.Mombaur at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de)*

*Deadline for submissions is: June 15, 2016*

*Participants will be notified by July 01, 2016.*

On behalf of the program committee best wishes

Katja

*
*

*Program Committee:*

Y. Aloimonois, Maryland, M. Asada, Osaka Univ., T. Asfour, KIT,
E. Badreddin, Univ. Heidelberg, A. Billard, EPFL, O. Khatib,
Standford, K. Kosuge, Tohoku Univ., Sendai, J.P. Laumound, LAAS,
F. Matsuno, Kyoto Univ., K. Mombaur, Univ. Heidelberg, C. Torras,
CSIC, F. Wörgötter, Univ. Göttingen

Preliminary Program:

*Robotics in the 21^st century: Challenges and Promises*

*International Workshop*

*25.9. – 28.9. 2016*

*Hotel am Rothenberg, Volpriehausen (near Göttingen), Germany*

*(funded by the Volkswagen Foundation)*
**

Saturday 24. 09. 2016

Arrival and Registration

Sunday 25. 09. 2016

08:00-09:00

Registration and Welcome Coffee

09:00-09:10

Welcome by the organizers and general information

*Session 1 *

*Motion and Adaptive Behavior Generation*

09:10-12:30

Invited Talks

09:10-09:40

Oussama Khatib

09:40-10:10

Aude Billard

10:10-10:40

Ales Ude

10:40-11:00

Coffee Break

11:00-11:30

Katja Mombaur

11:30-12:00

Jan Peters

12:00-12:30

Gentiane Venture

12:30-13:30

Lunch

*Session 2*

*Cognition and Semantics*

13:30-17:00

Invited Talks

13:30-14:00

Yiannis Aloimonos

14:00-14:30

Norbert Krüger

14:30-15:00

Rod Grupen

15:00-15:30

Coffee Break

15:30-16:00

Florentin Wörgötter

16:00-16:30

Carme Torras

16:30-17:00

Minoru Asada

17:00-17:15

Short Break

*Session 3.1*

*Robotic Systems I*

17:15-18:15**

Invited Talks**

17:15-17:45

Bruno Siciliano

17:45-18:15

Alin Albu Schaefer

18:30

Reception

19:30

Dinner

Monday 26. 09. 2016

*Session 3.2*

*Robotics Systems I (cont.)*

08:30-10:00

Invited Talks

08:30-09:00

Essram Badreddin

09:00-09:30

Gordon Cheng

09:30-10:00

Kazuhiro Kosuge

10:00-10:30

Coffee Break

*Session 4*

*Learning and Autonomy*

10:30-14:30

Invited Talks

10:30-11:00

Erhan Oztop

11:00-11:30

Satoshi Tadokoro

11:30-12:00

Roland Siegwart

12:00-12:30

Marc Toussaint

12:30-13:30

Lunch

13:30-14:00

Rüdiger Dillmann

14:00-14:30

Dana Kulic

14:30-15:00

Coffee Break

*Session 5*

*Industrial Perspectives*

15:00-16:30

Invited Talks

15:00-15:30

KUKA (tentative)

15:30-16:00

SCHUNK (tentative)

16:00-16:30

n.n.

16:30-16:45

Short Break

*Session: 6*

*Selected Talks and Poster Spotlights***

16:45-17:45

Four selected talks from participants

16:45-17:00

Talk 1

17:00-17:15

Talk 2

17:15-17:30

Talk 3

17:30-17:45

Talk 4

17:45-18:15

Poster Spotlights

17:45-18:15

10 poster spotlights, 3 min each (for best 10 posters)

18:30-20:00

Dinner

20:00-22:00

Posters and Wine

*Tuesday, 27. 09. 2016*

*Session 7*

*Robotic Ethics and Philosophy*

08:30-12:00

Invited Talks

08:30-09:00

David Vernon

09:00-09:30

Joanna Bryson

09:30-10:00

Vanessa Evers (tentative)

10:00-10:30

Coffee Break

10:30-11:00

Selma Sabanovic

11:00-11:30

Tom Ziemke

11:30-12:00

Mark Coeckelbergh

12:00-13:30

Plenary discussion 1:Perspective from the funding agencies

13:30-14:30

Lunch

14:30-22:00

Excursion and Dinner at Schloss Sababurg

Wednesday 28. 09. 2016

*Session 8*

*Interdisciplinary Robotics Aspects*

08:30-12:00

Invited Talks

08:30-09:00

Yuki Nagai

09:00-09:30

Auke Ijspeert

09:30-10:00

Yasuo Kuniyoshi

10:00-10:30

Angelika Peer

10:30-11:00

Coffee Break

11:00-11:30

Shinya Aoi

11:30-12:00

Poramate Manoonpong

12:00-12:30

Giulio Sandini

12:30-13:30

Lunch

*Session 9*

*Robotic Systems II*

13:30-17:30

Invited Talks

13:30-14:00

Tamim Asfour

14:00-14:30

Wolfram Burgard

14:30-15:00

Michael Beetz

15:00-15:30

Coffee Break

15:30-16:00

Oliver Brock

16:00-16:30

Gregory Hager

16:30-17:00

Manuela Veloso

17:00-17:30

Fumitoshi Matsuno

17:30-19:00

Plenary discussion 2 and concluding remarks

19:00

Farewell Dinner

Thursday, 29. 09. 2016

Departure