[robocup-worldwide] Release of the Carologistics 2015 Software

Tim Niemueller niemueller at kbsg.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Feb 22 06:01:29 EST 2016

Dear fellow RoboCupers.

We are pleased to announce the immediate release of our full software
stack used to participate (and win) in the RoboCup Logistics League in
2015. Based on last year's release it improves several key components
and adds new components required to deal with the new machine handling
and increased dynamicity and complexity in the domain.

This release was primarily made possible by the Carologistics [1] and
AllemaniACs [2] RoboCup teams.

The release is based on the Fawkes Robot Software Framework [3]. The
package contains components for localization and navigation, perception
and vision, basic behaviors (skills) using our Behavior Engine [4], and
the complete task-level executive based on CLIPS [5]. Additional
components in 2015 are about improved perception, dynamic navigation
graph generation, and a low-cost custom gripper. With the included
simulation [6] integration, you can immediately start and have a
complete system that performs the 2015 game on the same level as the
current world champion.

The software stack was disseminated and used as the basis for the first
RoboCup Logistics League Winter School in December 2015 [7]. This event
attracted many new and existing teams to improve the overall league
performance. It was sponsored by the RCLL industry partner Festo
Didactic SE and the RoboCup Federation. Videos including all talks are
available at the event website.

We invite teams to take a look and adopt Fawkes full or in part as their
software platform. All parts are Open Source software and the vast
majority of components are developed in the public. We welcome
contributions from anyone and hope to help newcomer teams to get a
better start. In combination with the now publicly developed simulation
for the 2015 game, it should be far easier to perform better than ever
before.

The release can be found at
   https://www.fawkesrobotics.org/p/rcll2015-release

Regards from Aachen,
  Tim Niemueller

[1] https://www.carologistics.org
[2] https://robocup.rwth-aachen.de
[3] https://www.fawkesrobotics.org
[4] https://www.fawkesrobotics.org/p/behavior-engine/
[5] https://www.fawkesrobotics.org/p/clips-agent
[6] https://www.fawkesrobotics.org/p/llsf-sim
[7] https://www.carologistics.org/winter-school-2015

--
KBSG - Knowledge-Based Systems Group            AllemaniACs RoboCup Team