[robocup-worldwide] Work position in Singapore on driverless car

Song Zhiwei songzw at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 02:31:28 EST 2015

The Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R) (http://www.i2r.a-star.edu.sg/ <
http://www.i2r.a-star.edu.sg/>) is a member of the Agency for Science,
Technology and Research (A*STAR) family. I2R's vision is to power a vibrant
and strong infocomm ecosystem in Singapore. The Autonomous Vehicle
Department of I2R has developed a fully autonomous vehicle with advanced
capabilities in terms of
Perception/Localization/Navigation/Middleware/Drive-by-wire technologies.
With a larger vision, I2R is now recruiting talents in the area of Robotic
Perception worldwide.

Position: Research Scientists or Research Engineers or PhD Visiting Student
on Robotic Perception

Job Description: You will be part of a team developing intelligent and
robust perception software for autonomous vehicles in outdoor urban
environment. You are required to perform research, development and
implementation of algorithms in one or more of the following areas :

* Object detection and tracking using Camera with deep learning.
* Object detection and tracking using Lidar.
* Object detection and tracking using Radar.
* Sensor fusion with Camera/Lidar/Radar.

Requirements:

* A PhD or Master degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related field from a world known
university.
* At least 3 years’ experience in image processing or Lidar/Radar data
processing or signal processing or sensor fusion.
* Strong software development skills in C/C++ in Linux environment.
* Extensive working experiences on ROS or OpenCV or other related robotic
development environment.
* Able to develop and implement complex algorithms efficiently.
* Able to work independently.
* Good English spoken and written communication skills.

These job positions are full-time with competitive salaries and are
adjustable based on qualification. The staff welfare includes variable
performance bonus, annual leaves and staff medical insurance etc.  These
positions are open immediately till filled.

To apply, please email a detailed CV (including objective, education
background, courses, experiences, representative publications and skills)
to: Song Zhiwei <songzw at i2r.a-star.edu.sg>

Dr. SONG Zhiwei :: Institute for Infocomm Research (I²R) :: Agency for
Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) ::1 Fusionopolis Way, #21-01
Connexis (South Tower), Singapore 138632 :: songzw(at)i2r.a-star.edu.sg <
http://i2r.a-star.edu.sg/>