[robocup-worldwide] Workshop on Reusable and Open-source Modules for Humanoid Robots @ HUMANOIDS 2015

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Sep 21 08:16:50 EDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

We invite submissions for talks and live demonstrations at the Humanoids
2015 Workshop for Reusable and Open-source Modules for Humanoid Robots. We
welcome contributions related to both software (control, planning,
estimation, interfaces) and hardware (open-source sensors, actuators, and
robot designs). Prospective speakers and demonstrators must submit a title
and abstract to Oskar von Stryk (stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de) by September 25,
2015. Notification of acceptance will be received no later than September
30th.

Abstract: Humanoid robots are capable of incredibly sophisticated motion,
perception, and interaction with their environments. They are also
well-suited for executing complex tasks in constrained, human-engineered
environments with applications as robotic co-workers, service robots, and
avatars for human response forces for disaster recovery. The recent DARPA
Robotics Challenge (DRC) was a dramatic demonstration of the
state-of-the-art of humanoids in the last category.

However, the complexity of humanoid robots still challenges our best
software for dynamic motion planning, control, perception, and mission
operation. Our ability to deploy these systems in real-world scenarios will
depend strongly on our ability to successively build on freely-available and
proven hardware and software modules. This workshop is intended to promote
this topic by featuring several recent projects and approaches.

When: Tuesday, November 3, 2015. 9:00am — 1:00pm

Where: The IEEE-RAS Conference on Humanoid Robotics, Seoul, Korea
(http://www.humanoids2015.org)

Organizers: Oskar von Stryk (TU Darmstadt), Scott Kuindersma (Harvard),
Jong-Wook Kim (Dong-A University)

—
Scott Kuindersma
Assistant Professor of Engineering and Computer Science
John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Harvard University
http://scottk.seas.harvard.edu