[robocup-worldwide] Call for Participation: RoboCup 2015 Rescue Agent Simulation League

Luis Gustavo Nardin gnardin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 17:24:38 EDT 2015

Dear,

We have only 2 teams for the Infra-structure Competition. Thus we are
reopening the call for participation to this competition only.

In case we do not have enough competitors, we are going to be forced to
cancel this competition. Please those teams interested in participate to
this challenge, please send an email to faraji.farshid at gmail.com and
gnardin at gmail.com with the subject '2015 Pre-registration Infra-Structure
Competition [TEAM_NAME]'.

*IMPORTANT: The new deadline is March 27th, 2015.*

*Infrastructure Competition*

The Infrastructure competition involves the presentation of already
existent tools and simulators of disaster management problems in general.
The intent is the evaluation of possible enhancements and expansions of the
basic RoboCup Rescue simulator based on the new ideas and concepts proposed
in these tools and simulators. The evaluation will be done in a panel and a
winner chosen accordingly to a set of factors related to the technical
aspects of the tool or simulator and the presentation. The best tool will
be selected for further integration with the simulation platform.

*DUTY OF RELEASE*

In addition to the submission of a Team Description Paper (TDP), teams
interested in participating in the Infrastructure competition must release
their source code as an open-source project before the competition. Even
though a team is accepted to participate in the competition, if it does not
release the source code before the infrastructure competition day, it will
be disqualified and it will not be allowed to participate in the
competition, and thus it will not be evaluated and considered for winning
the prize.

Teams and participants should address topics including, but not limited to

1.     Increase of the number of participants in the RoboCup Rescue league;

2.     Provide agent development kits that render easy the participation of
new comers;

3.     Integrate the Agent and Virtual Robot competitions;

4.     Improve the RoboCup Rescue server’ stability;

5.     Improve the RoboCup Rescue sub-simulators.

Any question or extra information, please let us know.
Best Regards,

--
RoboCup Rescue Agent Simulation