[robocup-worldwide] 4th RoboCup MSL Workshop

Bernardo Cunha mbc at det.ua.pt
Sat Nov 29 13:05:25 EST 2014

Dear MSL and other RoboCuper friends

The 4th edition of the RoboCup Middle Size League Workshp was held between 10 and 12 of November/2014, in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.

This was  great event, superbly organized by the Technical University of Eindhoven and its MSL Team, with an important support from ASML.

It joined 32 people representing six different teams from Europe and Asia.

A more thorough insight into what happened can be found at http://wiki.robocup.org/wiki/Middle_Size_League/Workshop/4th_Edition,_Eindhoven_2014.

To stress out, in particular, the joint effort during the workshop second day, where the six teams, working together through out nearly thirteen continuous hours, managed to share among their robots a global world model representing the robots, obstacles and a moving ball in a field that, in the end, was presented together in each team own base station. This was a very successful first attempt to standardize common models for different levels of abstraction of perception and control that we hope, in the near future, will lead eventually to the possibility of making any general mixed team by picking up randomly one robot from five different teams and putting them playing together without having to change any of the local hardware or software specificities.

In the name of the MSL Executive Committee I would like to present my public  congratulations to the organizers and participants of this event.

With my best regards

Bernardo Cunha
MSL EXEC