[robocup-worldwide] CPF AAAI'15 Worshop - Deadline October 23 - Beyond the Turing Test:

Manuela Veloso mmv at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Oct 13 12:42:37 EDT 2014

*apologies for multiple postings*

Beyond The Turing Test
Date: January 25th or 26th (exact date determined soon), 2015
Place: Austin Texas, USA
Website: http://www.math.unipd.it/~frossi/BeyondTuring2015/
Submission Deadline: October 23, 2014

Dear Colleagues,

We are excited to announce a workshop devoted to developing a successor to
the Turing Test. That test, now over 60 years old, has long served as a
highly visible, public signpost for research in artificial intelligence.
But is also highly game-able, and arguably in desperate need for a
refresh.

The purpose of this workshop, a mixture of invited lectures, panels,
posters, and group discussions, is to craft a replacement, an annual or
bi-annual Turing Championship, that might consist of 3-5 different
challenging tasks, with bragging rights given to the first programs to
achieve human-level performance in each task.

The list of confirmed invited speakers includes Peter Clark (AI2), Ken
Forbus (Northwestern), Barbara Grosz (Harvard), Hiroaki Kitano (Sony CSL),
Doug Lenat (Cycorp), Gary Marcus (NYU), Leora Morgenstern (Leidos),
Charles Ortiz (Nuance), Tomaso Poggio (MIT),  Manuela Veloso (CMU), and
Patrick Winston (MIT).

We seek submissions (2 page extended abstracts) that concretely address
points of relevance to the creation of new Turing-inspired challenges.
Submissions might address issues such as (1) choice of test materials,
perhaps of incremental complexity; (2) evaluation metrics; (3) logistics
of the competition (for example, in terms of the availability of sample
scenarios, duration, diversity and level of human participation, and
others). Furthermore, we also welcome submissions of experienced
researchers on what can be learned from existing Turing-test related
competitions, in terms of science or implementation. We envision that all
submissions will include a connection between the concrete points proposed
and the expected underlying advancement of AI science and development.

For more information, and to submit, visit
http://www.math.unipd.it/~frossi/BeyondTuring2015/

Gary Marcus, Francesca Rossi, Manuela Veloso
Workshop Organizers
Beyond The Turing Test, a AAAI 2015 Workshop

http://www.aaai.org/Conferences/AAAI/aaai15.php

--
Manuela M. Veloso
Herbert A. Simon University Professor