[robocup-worldwide] SimSpark simulator for SPL

Heinrich Mellmann mellmann at mathematik.hu-berlin.de
Sun Dec 26 16:16:51 EST 2010

Hello everybody,

today we published a SPL version of the SimSpark simulator.

The SimSpark simulator is developed and used within the Simulation 3D
league of the RoboCup.
We believe that both communities, Simulation 3D and SPL, can benefit
from each other. Thus, on one hand we are developing an infrastructure
allowing to run the same agent in both leagues, and on the other hand we
are working on adaptation of the SimSpark simulator in order to be
usable as a simulator for the SPL.

In particular, the adapted SimSpark provides a real image sensor and the
SPL environment.

The binaries for Linux and Windows together with a simple example agent
can be found on our homepage:
http://www.naoth.de/projects/simple-soccer-agent/
<http://www.naoteamhumboldt.de/projects/simple-soccer-agent/>

As already mentioned, this is the very first version and we would be
really glad to receive any feedback.

Enjoy the holidays!

On behalf of the NaoTH
Heinrich Mellmann

PS.: special thanks go to Yuan Xu who actually made the most work on
adopting SimSpark for SPL