[robocup-worldwide] Learn how to teach CS1 with Personal Robots

Tucker Balch tucker.balch at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 4 11:56:14 EDT 2010

Learn how to teach CS1 with Personal Robots

The Institute for Personal Robots in Education invites college and university
instructors who are interested in learning how to teach an introductory CS class
using personal robots to attend our Winter 2011 training workshop in Atlanta, GA.

The workshop will begin at 1pm on Friday January 7th and end at 1pm on Sunday
January 9th.

Workshop attendees will receive:

  -An IPRE Robot kit to keep
  -Hotel accommodations
  -Some Meals
  -16 hours of instruction covering:
     -Basic Python
     -The Myro robot control software
     -Demos of our upcoming Myro3 and Pyjama learning environment.
     -Integrating Personal Robots into a CS 1 class
     -Syllabus Design and topic ordering
     -Sample Activities, Assignments, and Assessment materials
     -Pre-existing class lectures

A limited number of grants to cover travel costs are also available.

If you would like to attend the IPRE Winter Workshop, please fill out the form
at the following URL:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PSNVK3K

This workshop is sponsored by the NSF CCLI program under award number: 0920655

For more information, please contact:

Jay Summet, Lecturer
College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology
summetj at gatech.edu
404.784.6046

--
Tucker Balch, Associate Professor
School of Interactive Computing, Georgia Tech