[robocup-worldwide] The essence of soccer

Kamal Karlapalem kamal at iiit.ac.in
Wed Nov 4 23:32:16 EST 2009

Peter,

I am really glad that this wonderful contribution has come out.

One aspect that I would like to concentrate on is - human ingenuity
(intellectual capability), the ability to sneak out, solve, or be
triumphant, by bending rules, or stretching the fuzzy boundaries, either
through purpose (good/bad) or by sheer creativity.

So how much of 'intellectual' capability a robot team acquires
determines its success in the soccer match, and  the same 'intellectual'
capability could be used against humans. This robot's self-intellectual
capability or ingenuity, may not directly harm humans (as in war against
humans), but could constrain severely the effective functioning of human
beings as we do now.

The key point is - without such ingenuity robot teams cannot win, and
how much of such ingenuity they should acquire, as it could be
detrimental to survival of humans.

Kamal.