[robocup-worldwide] Human League

Alexander Ferrein Alexander.Ferrein at uct.ac.za
Mon Jun 29 16:31:17 EDT 2009

Dear participants of the Human League!

Welcome all to Graz!

The feedback to our call for participation was massive, and still more people are interested to participate.

I talked to the groundkeeper today and he ensured that we are allowed to play if it is not pouring, and there are no puddles on the pitch. Tomorrow I will meet the guys and have a look at the venue. Again, don't bring soccer boot, just sneakers.

The schedule needs still to be finalised by me, but it looks like we will play with 12 teams, each team consisting of 10 players, 6 field players and 4 substitutes. In the preliminary round there will be matches of 12 minutes. I will send it around tomorrow, together with directions to the venue. I will also provide a team and participant's list by tomorrow evening. If you need to see me personally, I am at the OC desk in the SPL.

The policy for participating wil be a simple FCFS: each player who already "registered", will get assinged a slot for participating. The others will be put on a successor's list, and if someone does not show up, the next on the list will heir the place for the non-show up in the particular match.

On Sat, when the finals are scheduled, half of the pitch will be open for random games.

So much for now. Let's hope for better weather in Graz.
Alexander

--
Dr. Alexander Ferrein
Robotics and Agents Research Laboratory