[robocup-worldwide] postdoc position at The Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University

Paul E. Rybski prybski at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Mar 9 11:39:09 EDT 2009

Immediate opening for a postdoctoral fellow at the Robotics Institute at
Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.

Our research group is looking for a talented researcher whose
responsibilities would primarily include the research and development of
a real-time 3D person tracking system for an industrial assembly task.
Our project is examining methods by which robots and humans can work
together in close proximity to jointly assemble complex parts. To do so,
the robots in the workcell need accurate information as to the positions
of the people and their limbs at all times to ensure their safety.  We
are looking for researchers who have experience with:

* 3D perception systems such as multi-camera arrays, stereo cameras, and
flash lidars.

* Detecting/tracking people's bodies, heads, and limbs.

This is an exciting 3 year project which will provide opportunities for
both basic research as well as development/deployment of fully
functional prototypes.

Carnegie Mellon University offers competitive postdoctoral salaries and
the Pittsburgh area has recently been recognized as one of the most
livable cities in the United States.

Please send all resumes and references to:

Reid Simmons <reids at cs.cmu.edu>