[robocup-worldwide] about the situation of shipment

=?gb2312?B?s8LR7w==?= cy at sipedi.cn
Thu Sep 11 05:49:28 EDT 2008

Dear all:
  I¡¯m ChenYang from RoboCup 2008 LOC, in charge with cargo shipping. As many directors and players¡¯ request, I¡¯ll announce the situation of all cargo with DHL and the problems we are facing.
  There had been 14 cargoes transported by DHL. After the competition, DHL transported all cargoes to their warehouse to ship back. And when they checked cargo lists, they found that there were some items forbidden transporting, batteries, glues, balls (with air in), multimeters, and so on. And with the hard work by DHL and LOC officers, 4 cargoes have been transported, the detail below:

Team

Waybill No.

Situation

Reason

S0055
Team Jeap

9181483

Transporting

Abandon dangerous items, will arrive Japan on Sep 12th

S0218 Hibikino-Musashi

9181477

In warehouse

Comparing two ways, and will make a decision soon

S0110
NaoTeam Humboldt

9181473

In warehouse

Refuse to abandon batteries, need to do the inspection

S0074
Pumas-Mexico

9181470

In warehouse

Accept to abandon batteries, will transport soon

S0069
 b-it-bots

9181474

In warehouse

The owner is thinking about it

S0219
CAMBADA

9181476

In warehouse

Refuse to abandon batteries, need to do the inspection

S0054
Dutch Robotics

9181482

Transporting

Will remove the batteries, and will be shipped soon

J0050
Master of Desaster

9181472

Transported

No harmful item, shipped on Aug 17th

S0220
EIGEN Keio Univ.

9181478

In warehouse

The owner is thinking about it, may get the result soon

S0187
Cuerbot

9181471

In warehouse

The owner is thinking about it

S0046
NimbRo

9181479/
9181480

Transported

Abandon dangerous items, and the owner has received them on Sep 10th

S0189
RRT Uppsala

9181475

In warehouse

Refuse to abandon batteries, need to do the inspection

J0043
In theory

---

Destroyed

Useless

  As you see, now the main point on transporting is the batteries. If batteries would to be transported, they MUST be done the inspection. DHL is a worldwide company, their work is obeyed Chinese law. As batteries may harm for the freight, the inspection before transporting from China is necessary. And we also asked airport security, airline agent, and other departments, they gave us the same answer: inspecting or abandoning. So, there are only two choices to solve the problem: using samples to inspect (the samples will be destroyed), or leaving them in China. We really hope all owners can think about it carefully and make a decision as soon as possible. And we¡¯ll try our best to help you all transport cargoes back home! And we also hope you can understand our position. Thanks.

And in the attachment is part of <Dangerous Good Regulations> by IATA. There are details about the dangerous goods list and the solutions.

Best regards,

Chen Yang

Message sent using Winmail Mail Server