[robocup-worldwide] Khwarizmi national robotics competitions in Iran

Amir H. Soltanzadeh amirhst at xarrin.com
Wed Sep 3 13:33:00 EDT 2008

*I do apologize for using this public domain for a national event*

Dear Iranian RoboCuppers,

I'm glad to inform you that Iranian Research Organization for Science and
Technology (IROST) is going to host a robotics competition very similar to
the RoboCup besides annual Khwarizmi festival.
Since the competition website (http://robotic.irost.org/robotic/) is not
that much informative, I provide you the result of my discussion with
organizing office:

1. The competition leagues are: Rescue Real, Rescue Simulation, Small Size,
Middle Size, 2D Simulation, 3D Simulation, Search Robots, Micro Robots and
Humanoid

2. Pre-registration deadline is September 11 2008 (online pre-registration
is now available).

3. Competition will be in October (or December) 2008 !

4. The Organizing and Technical Committees all are from Iranian National
RoboCup Committee (http://www.iranrobocup.org/).

5. Awardees will be introduced to National Elites Organization
(http://www.bonyad-nokhbegan.ir/) also they will be able to enter to higher
educations without any more qualification exam.

6. Its not clear whether the competition out comings will affect in final
qualification of RoboCup 2009 or not (Instead of Iran-Open 2009 results) but
not participating teams wont be able to benefit free higher educations even
if they won next RoboCup ?!

Please note that all these items are based on my oral discussion with the
competition office.

Regards,
Amir

Amir Hossein Soltanzadeh