[robocup-worldwide] Fwd:Help with Contacting Teams for Urgent Issues

XiaoPing Chen xpchen at ustc.edu.cn
Thu Jul 24 06:15:31 EDT 2008

Dear all,

I do think understanding and responsibility is really important! I hope those
teams take the requests seriously.

Xiaoping

>From: "³ÂÑï" <cy at sipedi.com>
>To: "xpchen" <xpchen at ustc.edu.cn>
>Subject: Help with Contacting Teams for Urgent Issues
>Date:Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:56:55 +0800
>
>Dae xiaoping,
>
>We are delighted to see that RoBoCup closed as a success. However, we are
currently facing some problems with regard to re-exporting the cargos, which would
request your help.

>The RoboCup 2008 Organization Committee paid a fair amount of deposit for teams
that carried the robots in their checked luggage, entered and exited through
Shanghai Pudong Airport Custom. With putting the deposit for these teams, we need
to guarantee that all robots they brought in can only be used for the
competitions, and all robots need to be re-exported after RoBoCup 2008.

>However, during the process of assisting teams re-export robots, we found a
number of teams did not do what we've requested; especially two teams (Team No.
J0012 ¨C Helli, Team No. J0014 - Farzanegan) from Iran. These two teams did not
exit from Shanghai, as the schedule they've provided to us. According to other
teams from Iran, these two teams have flied to Beijing, and planned to exit from
Beijing Custom. If they are exiting from Beijing, and are not following the custom
clearance procedures, or they are not able to provide the Custom Seals they got
from Beijing Custom to us, they will be facing problems bringing robots back to
Iran. In addition, this also means that we won¡¯t be able to get back the deposit
of 500,000RMB we paid to Shanghai Custom for all teams.

>We did draw teams' attention of the importance of following the procedures and
schedules, and we left our contacts with them, in the hope that they would
communicate with us in the event of change of schedule. We have taken every effort
to make things easier for them. However, these two teams changed their schedule
without letting us know, which has caused great difficulties to our work, and will
bring big lose to the local organization committee.

>As time is quite pushing, and we have to contact them before they depart Beijing.
Would it possible that you could contact them through your channel, and ask them
to contact us ASAP? Our contact person is Mr. Xu, his email address is
xudf at sipedi.cn, and his mobile number is 0086 13771705050. Thank you in advance
for your kind help.

>There are also some other problems with the cargos. A team from Australia (Team
No. J0043 - In Theory) left all the cargos they brought in and refused to ship
them out, which will cause big problems for us. We may have to pay a big amount of
tax and fines for their irresponsible actions. Although all teams have signed up
to ensure "All cargo will be re-exported as the same condition as imported", when
they were receiving their cargos from us, the weight of some teams' cargos may not
be the same as they brought the cargos in, which may also cause us problems.

>We all appreciate the importance and significance of RoBoCup 2008, and are proud
that we were able to put efforts to make the event a success, but we really felt
discouraged and unhappy about some teams' action.

>We would be most grateful if you could use your channel to help us solving the
problems, and bring a perfect closure to the event.