[robocup-worldwide] cargo shipping

CIC Robotics cic.robotics at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 10:12:03 EDT 2008

Dear Steven Xu,

My name is Fábio Ferreira, I am the representative of the Brazil in the
RoboCupJunior, and have two teams that they go to arrive for the airport of
Beijing, as must be the procedure of these teams? These teams will be taking
robots (Mindstorms NXT LEGO) in the luggage, beyond notebooks, cameras, etc.
What in fact it needs to be declares and as we must proceed?

Thank you!

Fábio Ferreira

2008/6/5 XiaoPing Chen <xpchen at ustc.edu.cn>:

> Dear all,
>
> I forwarded Steven Xu's email about cargo shipping two days ago. However,
> we have
> gotten only 17 teams' feedback so far.
>
> Please note that the information is required not only for shipping, but
> also for
> taking the robots with the participants going through the customs! In fact,
> we
> must inform the Chinese Customs at Pudong Airport in advance which
> equipments will
> be taken with the participants of RoboCup 2008. Without submitting the
> information
> in advance, participants may have trouble in customs clearance!
>
> Therefore, please forward this letter in your mailing lists and send the
> information to Steven (xudf at sipedi.cn) ASAP!
>
> Thanks!
> Xiaoping
>

> >  My name is Steven Xu, and I sent emails to all team on Monday, asking
> them
> >to give us all infomation of the equipments( including by cargo and by
> >luggage). These informations are very important for customs clearance. As
> we
> >know, many teams will carry robots with them, and the info will be very
> >useful when we connect with Chinese Customs at Pudong Airport.
> >  Two days passed, and I have only having equipments information of 17
> >teams( I sent eamils to 204 senior teams). The deadline is 5th June. And i
> >don't know what to do next, should i send emails to them again? I really
> >don't want to see any team's equipments are prohibited import when they
> >arrive. Can you help me tell them the serious situation of cargo shipping
> >and ask them to send the info as soon as possible.Thank you very much!
> >
> >Best regards,
> >

> >==========
> >Steven Xu
>

> In your mail:
> >From: "XiaoPing Chen" <xpchen at ustc.edu.cn>
> >To: robocup-worldwide at cc.gatech.edu;
> robocup2008-participant at googlegroups.co
> >Subject: cargo shipping
> >Date:Tue, 03 Jun 2008 10:29:56 +0800
> >
> >Dear all,
> >
> > Steven is responsible for the cargo shipping. I am forwarding his urgent
> messages
> > about the matters. Please contact with him (xudf at sipedi.cn) for the
> details
> ASAP.
> >
> > Best,
> > Xiaoping
> >

> > > Dear all:
> > > Welcome to Suzhou to attend RoboCup 2008. My name is Steven Xu, now i
> > > have some important information about cargo shipping to tell.
> > > 1. please send all cargo information to me before *5th JUNE*. The
> > > information must include all the equipments by shipping and by luggage.
> > > These info are very important for the customs clearance. The equipment
> > > which isn't on the list will be not declarated.
> [...]

CIC Robotics - Clube de Investigação Científica
FÁBIO FERREIRA
Coordenador e Orientador
Cel. +55 71 88371760
Mater +55 71 32499902
Anchieta +55 71 21079073 / +55 71 21079076
Portinari +55 71 2103-6464
Salvador - Bahia - Brasil
Site: http://cicrobotics.blogspot.com/
Personal Page: http://fabioferreira16.googlepages.com/