[robocup-worldwide] Fwd: Carry/Ship robots with ATA Carnet

SONG Zhiwei songzw at ustc.edu.cn
Fri Jun 20 22:57:59 EDT 2008

Dear all:

  How are you going? As the opening of RoboCup 2008 approaches, you
must be planning your trip to China now. About the transport of your
equipments, there are some important information to mention..

¢ñ. CHOOSE YOUR WAY OF FREIGHT

Now, there are four optional ways to choose.

1. Cargo shipping with ATA Carnet

  If you choose it, you must apply for the ATA Carnet in your own
country. And you must send us the ATA Carnet copy ( advised by scaled)
before June 28th . Please choose the transporter that can do the
customs clearance with ATA Carnet for you, and the customs clearance
will be done in Shanghai. The deadline of receiving your cargo is July
7th.

2. Cargo shipping without ATA Carnet

  If you don't choose ATA Carnet, you must use DHL Global Forwarding
to transport your cargo in "SZV Model". Your cargo must be arrived in
Suzhou Industrial Park before July 3rd, or there may be not enough
time to finish the declaration. And the cargo must be re-export in the
same way after competition.

3. Bring your cargo by luggage with ATA Carnet

  As same with "Cargo shipping with ATA Carnet", you must apply for
the ATA Carnet in advance. And you must send us the ATA Carnet copy (
advised by scaled) before June 28th. This step is very important, we
will register your ATA Carnet before you arrive. Or the ATA Carnet is
useless.

If you bring your cargo with luggage without ATA Carnet, there may be
some serious results: paying duty for your cargo, your equipments
prohibited import, and so on.

¢ò.SOME IMPORTANT POINTS

1.About the receiver

No matter you use ATA Carnet or not, the receiver of cargo is:

Attn: Yang Chen

Company: RoboCup 2008 Suzhou Local Committee

Add: No.188 Renai Road Suzhou Industrial Park, Jiangsu, China  215123

Phone: 0086-13815268102

Fax: 0086-512-62867034

2.About ATA Carnet

When using ATA Carnet, the registration in advance is the necessary
step. We will help you register the carnet. Make sure send us the ATA
Carnet copy before June 28th in order to register your ATA Carnet. Any
ATA Carnet is unacceptable until register it.

3.About the cargo information

Three weeks ago, We asked you all to send us your cargo information(by
shipping or by luggage) by email. Until now, we've received the
information about 100 teams. We really hope all teams can give us your
correct cargo info as soon as possible. Anything unlisted may be
prohibited import.

4.About wooden materials

Crude wood without IPPC is prohibited import. If your wooden materials
are confirmed harmful, they will be destroyed.

5.About the process of shipping and declaration

Please do every step strictly following our advice announced on the
website http://www.robocup-cn.org/cn/onearticle.php?article=142! Don't
do anything breaking Chinese law. If you do not follow this
instruction, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage that
may be caused as a result.

6.If you have any question, please connect:

Name: Steven Xu

Phone: 0086-512-62867045 or 0086-13771705050

Fax: 0086-512-62867034

Email: xudf at sipedi.cn