[robocup-worldwide] Fwd: ATA Carnet is finally allowed in Robocup 2008 this year

SONG Zhiwei songzw at ustc.edu.cn
Tue Jun 17 06:50:33 EDT 2008

Hello, everyone:

   How are you going? ATA Carnet is finally allowed in Robocup 2008
this year. Originally you could not use it in this competition due to
the restriction imposed by Chinese organizer. However, the strong
request from organizing committee and all registered teams, together
with our relentless efforts, Robocup is now considered to be like an
exhibition. As a result, ATA Carnet is finally permitted to be used in
custom declaration for competition equipments.

   There will be significant modifications the way of freight. More
specifically, there are two ways as the following shows:

   1. Use ATA Carnet. Since most candidates are familiar with it, we
will not talk about detailed instructions. However, there are a few
things you need to pay attention: A) Please apply for ATA Carnet in
your own country as soon as you see this message. After you get your
ATA Carnet, please scan it and email to us or fax to us for
registration and documentation purposes. B) When you submit your ATA
Carnet documents, please notify us your preferred way of freight (by
cargo or go with person) for documentation purposes. C) When you apply
for ATA Carnet, you must ask the relevant agency to stamp "for
exhibition" £¨2008 RoboCup Exhibition£© on your Carnet since China do
not take any non-exhibition purposed ATA Carnet. D) The deadline for
sending us your ATA Carnet copy (scaned or faxed) is
June/28.2008(email: xudf at sipedi.cn; fax: 0086-512-62867034). E) If you
are using ATA Carnet, there will be no specific carriers that you have
to use, however do make sure the one you are using is authorized to
deal with ATA Carnet custom declaration.
   2. For the teams that cannot use ATA Carnet, please strictly follow
the earlier version of instruction on way of freight: use DHL Global
Forwarding services. If you do not follow this instruction, we will
not be responsible for any loss or damage that may be caused as a
result.

      For all players who intent to carry the equipments personally,
we also suggest to use ATA Carnet instead in order to avoid any
potential trouble and additional fees that may arise at custom. We
will also update more instructions and suggestion for custom
declaration shortly.

Last again, we greatly apologize for any trouble or inconvenience that
may cause to do this modification.

Steven Xu
Suzhou Dushu Lake High Education Town
Career And Trainning Advisory Center