[robocup-small] RoboCup 2021 Small Size League 2 week update

Carla Cosenza carlaszecosenza at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 12 17:17:36 EDT 2021

Hello!

As RoboCup is getting closer and closer, we would like to give a few updates regarding the competition!

Virtual competition schedule

The OCs and TCs have put together a draft schedule for the virtual competition. This schedule only englobes the Round Robin, as the schedule for the next part of the competition will depend on what position the teams are in. We would like to remind everyone that this is a draft, and may be subject to changes. With all the different time zones, we cannot guarantee that the matches will happen at the time they are planned. The stated times are in the UTC time zone.

[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/tGIIUvi1w2ON1DOYCNCwyfDj3x2Dx2mTEflFVcSN_GHRF33CNmXUnc62HCtgjYWRWdwNnX2x7TqVYAhk54QCTeTONRYAwyOq4W512ew1Af4AZ2X0ewJTZjpK1PdfEHfFETByeEsW]

The overall structure of the virtual tournament is as follows:
The winner of each group proceeds to the upper tournament, while the last placed team proceeds to the lower tournament. 2nd and 3rd place play Lucky Loser matches, A vs D and C vs B (four games, LL1: A3/D2, LL2: A2/D3, LL3: B2/C3 and LL4: B3/C2). The winner of these matches proceeds to the upper tournament, the losers to the lower tournament. Both, the upper and the lower tournament, follow a normal double elimination structure<https://www.printyourbrackets.com/pdfbrackets/8teamDoubleSeeded.pdf>, using the following seeds (please note that these seeds do not contain any advantage / disadvantage apart from being 1-4 compared to 5-8, but are listed here so everyone can reconstruct the identical schedule):

Upper Tournament seeds:

1: 1st place in group A

2: 1st place in group D

3: 1st place in group B

4: 1st place in group C

5: Winner LL1

6: Winner LL2

7: Winner LL4

8: Winner LL3

Lower Tournament seeds:

1: Loser LL1

2: Loser LL3
3: Loser LL4

4: Loser LL2

5: 4th place in group C

6: 4th place in group D
7: 4th place in group A

8: 4th place in group B

Poster session

As stated before, we will host a poster session during the competition week. Teams should have a visual presentation about their robots and software to share with the rest of the league. This presentation should be in PDF and sent to the OCs by email until June 20th, 2021. The PDF file can have up to 4 pages with any size. We will soon open up three poster sessions, teams will sign up for whichever time slot is best for them.

Please direct all inquiries to the Small Size League Organizing Committee: rc-ssl-oc at lists.robocup.org

Thank you!

Carla Cosenza

RoboCup Small Size League | Organizing Committee