[robocup-small] 2017 Open Source Trophy RoboJackets

Jay Kamat jkamat3 at gatech.edu
Thu Jul 27 02:24:33 EDT 2017

Hello RoboCup SSL!

RoboJackets would like to enter into the RoboCup Open Source Award this year.

This year's highlights for software are:

Basic Prototype for Automatic PID Tuning
New "Adaptive Formation" play to Identify and exploit weak points on
offense and enable better positioning on defense
Switch to GrSim for standardized and improved simulation
New "Behavior Sequence" for simplifying construction of simple plays
Flann Optimization for RRT PathPlanning
New packet format for sending debug data back from robot firmware
Split of software into different repositories for easier comprehension
New Documentation and Introduction courses for RoboCup SSL Beginners

This year's highlights for electrical:

New "DecaWave" ultra wide band radio

Here are links to all of our open source work:

High Level Software: https://github.com/RoboJackets/robocup-software
Robot Firmware: https://github.com/RoboJackets/robocup-firmware
Common Library between Software and Firmware:
https://github.com/RoboJackets/robocup-common
Robot Path Planner: https://github.com/RoboJackets/rrt
PCB Design: https://github.com/RoboJackets/robocup-pcb
Software Introduction and Training Slides:
https://github.com/RoboJackets/robocup-training

Please see individual project README's for build and run instructions.
All our software projects are licensed under the Apache 2.0 License.
External contributions and suggestions to any our open source projects
are always appreciated!

We're looking forward to talking with all of you, and let us know if
you have any questions about our design or software, we're always
happy to talk!

-Jay Kamat
RoboJackets Software Lead