[robocup-small] Ball replacement in SSL refbox

Christopher Head chead at chead.ca
Tue Jun 13 11:38:01 EDT 2017

Yes, I can confirm the situation. There is no button in the refbox to start a ball placement. The reason is because, for a human operator to use it during a game, we would really need to show a diagram of the field to allow selecting a target position. Adding this, with the ability to receive SSL-Vision data, would take some work; since we wanted to move to autonomous referees anyway, that work was not really needed.

So, currently, the refbox will pass on ball placement orders from its remote control port, but there is no UI for issuing them by hand. That means the autonomous referees can issue placement orders and, for testing, as Mark mentioned, the command line remote control client can also issue placement orders.
--
Christopher Head