[robocup-small] Field Grouping

Michael Bleier michael.bleier at robotics-erlangen.de
Tue Jun 21 16:59:00 EDT 2016

Hello teams,

it's time to choose which team will be on which field for RoboCup 2016.

There are 19 teams attending and four fields. As in previous years, we
will use the SSL grouping software, which can be found at:
https://github.com/RoboCup-SSL/ssl-grouping/ .

Attached to this e-mail is the team database file which we are going to
use for the grouping. Group #1 and group #2 are last year's Top 8 teams.
Group #4 are new teams or teams that have competed only once at RoboCup.
Group #3 is every other team.

Considering the round robin games we will implement a change this year.
The updated pairing tables are attached to this e-mail. We tried to
change the order of the games, such that competitive games, e.g.,
between first and second of the group, will happen later in the tournament.

If there are no objections, we will use two daily numbers from
random.org for Thursday, June 23, 2016 to seed the grouping program.

To obtain these numbers, go to
<https://www.random.org/integers/?mode=advanced>, ask to generate 2
random integers in the range 0 to 1000000000, select Use pregenerated
numbers from 2016-06-23, and click Get Numbers. Obviously you can only
do this after Thursday; the numbers don’t exist yet, thus avoiding any
possibility of biasing the outcome by crafting the teams database or
selecting a date whose numbers are known to favour a particular team.

Cheers,
Michael

RoboCup 2016 SSL Organizing Committee