[robocup-small] Rules for 2015

Juan Pablo Mendoza jpmendoza at ri.cmu.edu
Mon Mar 9 01:26:18 EDT 2015

Dear members of the SSL community,

We have posted the 2015 SSL rules on the SSL website. We have made some
changes to further motivate intelligent team play in our league.

The major rule change is the full move to a larger field, which was
partially introduced last year. The field will be 9m x 6m, matching the SPL
field size.

Other significant changes:
- The rule disallowing no chip kicks over the mid line has been removed
- A rule analogous to "icing" in hockey has been established, which
discourages a team's defense from aimlessly kicking the ball to the
opponent's side of the field.
- The defense area has become an area in which neither the defense nor the
offense may enter (i.e., only the goalie can handle the ball within it).
The purpose of this is to no longer have a region in which only offense
robots may enter, which denied the defense team of a fair chance to defend.

We would be glad to answer questions/comments about the rules.
Juan Pablo Mendoza
Technical Committee Member