[robocup-small] Log files of Robocup SSL Matches

Michael Bleier michael.bleier at robotics-erlangen.de
Sat Oct 26 13:45:30 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I would like to start a common database of Small Size game logs. Since
we also want to push forward autonomous referee software in future
years, log files will become an important tool for testing and training.
As an effort to start this database I uploaded log files of all games at
RoboCup 2013 after Round Robin. I will add the remaining logs as soon as
I find the time to convert my data.

A database with links to game logs can be found on the Small Size wiki:
http://sslrobocup.com/gamelogs

In discussion with members of the TC/OC I came up with the log file
format described on the wiki page. It can be easily read in plain C++
and protobuf. The file format should be able to support future changes.

More information and experimental software for recording and playback of
the log files can be found on github
(https://github.com/michael-bleier/ssl-logtools). The software binds to
all network interfaces and currently uses the offical SSL-Vision /
RefBox multicast addresses. The log player can also handle gzip
compressed log files by decompressing the complete data to memory.

Call for Help:

(1) If you have interesting log files form previous RoboCup competitions
that could be converted to the common file format, please contact me.

(2) If you have have good log player or analysis code that might be
useful to others, please share.

I am happy about any kind of feedback on the log file format or
software. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Michael

Team ER-Force
http://www.er-force.de/