[robocup-small] objection to the group drawing

Feyza Varol feyzavarol at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 07:22:35 EDT 2013

We have been attending competitions for 5 years. We wonder how come we are
almost always in the same group with Skuba (4 times in 5 years) and Odens
(3 times in 5 years). We do not complain being in the same group with these
teams particularly. But we think that it is not random enough to be in the
same group with the same teams. We guess that there is something more
effective (e.g., the alphabetical order of teams) than randomness in the
group drawing algorithm. We will appreciate if you clarify how the
algorithm "exactly" works.

On behalf of BRocks team

--
Ö. Feyza Varol
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering