[robocup-small] SSL-Monitor

Ali Erdinç Köroğlu erdinc at neu.edu.tr
Fri May 24 12:40:40 EDT 2013

Dear Friends,
Since 2 or 3 months we have been working on a software project called ssl-monitor.

It's a tool for broadcasting an ongoing game in 2D graphics to web, so people can watch it live.
It supports broadcasting of both ongoing games in real-time or replays of pre-recorded games.
In order to watch it, you just need a modern web browser.

ssl-monitor consists of two components:
    * capturer
    * broadcaster

Capturer component captures packets orginating from the vision server and refbox and then transmits
them to broadcaster. Optionally it can record them as a pcap file, for replay purposes, or just play from
a pcap file as well.

Broadcaster component can be hosted on somewhere else and it receives the packets from capturer,
processes them and then serves them over websockets. And client side code draws them on the Canvas.
ssl-monitor is mostly written in Python, it uses Twisted, Tornado and Flask mainly.

As you know its hard to make a live broadcast from field, we would like to record and broadcast (2D) the games.
If you have pcap files and time we hope you can test and report bugs etc.

http://robotics.neu.edu.tr/ssl-monitor/

--
N = R* • fp • ne • fl • fi • fc • L

Ali Erdinç Köroğlu < erdinc € neu.edu.tr >
CIO, Near East University
Chairman, Near East University Advanced Research Center
http://www.neu.edu.tr