[robocup-small] Announcement Mixed Team Tournament

Michael Bleier michael.bleier at robotics-erlangen.de
Thu May 16 03:44:55 EDT 2013

Dear teams,

I am happy to announce the Mixed Team Tournament at RoboCup 2013.
The details are published on the leagues's wiki, at
http://robocupssl.cpe.ku.ac.th/robocup2013:mixed_team_tournament.

Please sign up for the Mixed Team Tournament by sending a confirmation
e-mail to the Organizing Committee (rc-ssl-oc at lists.robocup.org) until
May 31st.

We will play 8 versus 8 robots (4 robots per sub-team). Goals only count
if robots from both sub-teams have touched the ball. An extra goal is
awarded if a goal is achieved by a pass between two different sub-teams.

The big change this year is that the Mixed Team Tournament will be held
on a large field (double the size of a standard SSL field). To provide
vision data we will run SSL-Vision with four cameras. Hence, teams need
to ensure that their software and tracking algorithms are capable of
handling vision input originating from four different camera processing
stacks.

Logs from the large field demo at RoboCup 2011 are available for
download at the SSL-Vision project page at
https://code.google.com/p/ssl-vision/downloads/list.
The logs can be played back with the log client available in the
SSL-Vision repository for testing purposes.

Tigers Mannheim have provided a much appreciated patch to run SSL-Vision
with four cameras. Nevertheless, at the competitions we will probably
run SSL-Vision on two separate PCs. Therefore, the vision packets might
come from two different IPs and the timestamps are not necessarily
synchronized.

If this would prohibit your team from participating in the Mixed Team
Tournament or you have any questions, please feel free to contact this
list or the Technical Committee (rc-ssl-tc at lists.robocup.org).

Cheers,
Michael Bleier