[robocup-small] New Rules

Joydeep Biswas joydeep at cmu.edu
Thu Mar 28 10:55:06 EDT 2013

Thanks for the clarification.

I feel that allowing goals from chip kicks like in the scenario I mentioned
will promote unintelligent behaviour where attacking robots will just keep
on chipping at the goal in the hopes that scenarios like this happen, and
that they will be awarded goals. For the goalie, however, it's reasonable
to "catch" the chip kick, but entirely unreasonable to predict exactly how
the ball will bounce off after hitting the goalie.

Therefore, I feel if we are to allow goals from chipping, then if the
goalie intercepts a chip shot in the defense area, the game should stop and
the goalie should be awarded an indirect free kick from where it
intercepted the ball. This is just like in real soccer where if the goalie
actually catches the ball, he/she has full control of where he/she will
pass the ball to, next.

What are the views of the other participants of the small size league?

-Joydeep